June 11, 2012

summer of love

CHANDLER LOVES HUNTSVILLE
  As a diverse community with a distinctive history, Huntsville   has a unique art culture. As a resident of both Huntsville and Decatur, I have grown up drawing and painting in the rocket town nestled at the base of the Smokies. Its natural beauty and technological savvy have been large influences on me especially as my work began to become part of the cityscape.


After the tornadoes last spring. I went out the next day to start painting the mural on Propst Pharmacy in five points. Everyday the city was without power, I was out working for all to see as Propst and Star Market were safe places for people to get essentials and relax during the black out. It was during that project that I first came to understand my opportunity to contribute to my community through art.


This summer I'm discounting my rates for collaborators who wish to participate in the Paint is love project.

No comments:

Post a Comment